Fast Facts for the Operating Room Nurse, Third Edition
An Orientation and Care Guide
Theresa Criscitelli, EdD, RN, CNOR
New OR nurses will welcome the third edition of this handy orientation-in-a-book, which distills volumes of operating room knowledge into one concise resource. Presenting complex skills and techniques in a simple and easy-to-follow format, the third edition is newly updated with AORN's 2021 guidelines and contains new chapters on Emergency Preparedness for Disaster, and Lifelong Learning and Professional Development.
This pocket-sized resource delivers current, evidence-based information in all the key areas of perioperative nursing with updated standards and techniques. Written in bulleted format with brief paragraphs, this guide is organized to provide quick access to essential information on basic preparation, safety guidelines, and day-to-day practice in the OR. Beginning with surgery preparation, chapters then address the practice environment and surgical supplies, followed by basic surgical procedures.
New to the Third Edition:
- Updated with 2021 AORN guidelines and regulatory standards
- Revised with new evidence-based information on surgical attire, telehealth visits, cleaning of equipment, sterile technique, use of hybrid operating rooms, anesthesia, and ACLS protocol
- New chapter: Emergency Preparedness for Disaster
- New chapter: Lifelong Learning and Professional Development
- Provides essential knowledge for new nurses and their preceptors
- Keeps experienced perioperative nurses up to date on changing operating room standards
- Written in bulleted format with brief paragraphs for speedy information retrieval
- Includes Fast Facts boxes with self-assessment questions and clinical pearls