Intermediate Chinese Characters
Learn 300 Mandarin Characters and 1200 Words (Free online audio and printable flash cards) Ideal for HSK + AP Exam Prep
Haohsiang Liao, Kang Zhou
Learn the Mandarin Chinese characters and words in everyday use in China!
This book helps you to quickly learn the intermediate-level Chinese characters you need to know if you want to live or work in China, or progress to the next level with your language skills.
Alongside 1200 closely-related vocabulary and phrases, it presents the characters in a series of 20 easy lessons—giving clear pronunciations, English definitions and a writing guide showing you how the character is written.
In this book, you'll find:
- 300 characters grouped into themes
- A warm-up narrative for each lesson explaining how the characters in the lesson relate to the theme
- All characters and vocabulary needed for the HSK Level 3 exam and the Advanced Placement (AP) Chinese Language and Culture Exam
- Exercises that help you practice recognizing the characters and using the vocabulary to create sentences
- Reviews that provide a variety of drills and exercises to increase your proficiency
- Downloadable online audio by native speakers to help with pronunciation
- Printable flash cards
This book is intended for intermediate learners (HSK Level 3). For HSK 1 & 2, see Beginning Mandarin Chinese Characters—the first book in this series.