Outcome Assessment in Advanced Practice Nursing
The fifth edition of this award-winning text continues to be the only advanced practice nursing resource to focus exclusively on outcome assessment, an integral aspect of quantifying the effectiveness of care, both clinically and financially. Written by expert practitioners, educators, and researchers, this text analyzes the foundations of outcome assessment, provides guidelines for selecting assessment instruments and measuring results, and discusses design and implementation challenges. It also covers specialty areas of practice and specialty-specific considerations for outcome evaluation.
This revision provides APRN students, educators, and administrators with the most up-to-date resources and information on measuring outcomes of practice. The fifth edition has a strong focus on practice-specific quality metrics and covers a recent national collaborative project that showcased outcomes of nurse-led initiatives as part of the Choosing Wisely Campaign. Additionally, the fifth edition now includes an outcome assessment template to aid in the application of content.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Discusses a recent national collaborative project showcasing outcomes of nurse-led initiatives as part of the Choosing Wisely Campaign
- A new outcome assessment template to aid in the practical application of content
- New exemplars demonstrating practical application in a variety of settings
- Includes examples of APRN roles and impact resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Increased coverage of DNP competencies and scope of practice
- Covers updates on NP competencies and their impact on care
- Covers specialty areas of practice and specialty-specific considerations for outcome evaluation
- Offers guidelines for selecting assessment instruments and measuring the results
- Describes potential pitfalls of design and implementation
- Includes an instructor's manual including algorithms and teaching tools
Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers.