Development and Contemporary Practice
Peter Joyce, Wendy Laverick
A comprehensive introduction to policing in England and Wales, providing you with an in-depth understanding of the challenges and complexities of modern policing and an increased awareness of the history and development of the profession.
This second edition covers the most pressing debates and issues associated with contemporary policing and examines a range of key topics such as methods of policing, diversity and the police, police accountability, and much more. The new edition includes:
- A new chapter on women in policing
- Expanded content on diversity issues within the police service
- An account of the changes to transnational policing as a result of Brexit
- Reflections on the use of social media by police
- Advice for those wanting to embark on a career in the field.