The Wisdom of Menopause (4th Edition)
Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change
“The Wisdom of Menopause offers an honest look at the menopausal transition. . . . If you are looking for realistic, positive, and constructive solutions to the inevitable challenges of life, then look no further—you have found your sourcebook.”
—The North American Menopause Society
A #1 New York Times bestseller when first published, this groundbreaking book has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife—and will continue to do so for generations to come. As Dr. Christiane Northrup explains, the “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now—from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet—have the power to secure vibrant health and well-being for the rest of her life.
In this fully revised and updated fourth edition, Dr. Northrup draws on the current research and medical advances in women’s health, including
· up-to-date information on hormone testing and hormone therapy
· a completely new take on losing weight and training your mind to release extra pounds
· new insights on the relationship between thyroid function, Hashimoto’s disease, and Epstein-Barr virus, with a new program for healing thyroid issues
· all you need to know about perimenopause and why it’s critical to your well-being
· the latest on new, less invasive and more effective fibroid treatments
· information on which supplements are better than Botox for keeping your skin looking youthful
· additional advice on dealing with pelvic health issues, including pelvic prolapse
With this trusted resource, Dr. Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment—emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.