Introduction to Greek Mythology for Kids
A Fun Collection of the Best Heroes, Monsters, and Gods in Greek Myth
Richard Marcus, Natalie Buczynsky, Jonathan Shelnutt
Discover the exciting and fascinating world of Greek and Roman gods, goddesses, monsters, and heroes, from Zeus and Athena to Hercules, Medusa, and more!
Take a journey through Mount Olympus, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome with this collection of the greatest tales found in Greek and Roman mythology. From origin stories to family drama, you’ll learn about the most powerful Olympic gods including Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Aphrodite, Hades, and more. But this book has more than just gods and goddesses! You’ll also discover the dangerous and intriguing world of ancient monsters, fantastical creatures, and mortal heroes that populate some of the most awesome stories from the time, including:
- Atlas, who carries the weight of the world on his shoulders
- Kronos, a Titan who swallows his newborn children
- Persephone, a kidnapped goddess who becomes queen of the Underworld
- Minotaur, a half-bull, half-man imprisoned in a labyrinth
- Hydra, a poisonous serpent who grows two heads when one is severed
- Sirens, sea nymphs whose irresistible singing lures sailors to their doom
All of these tales and more are written in a fun, kid-friendly manner, perfect for children interested in history or for fans of the Percy Jackson series.