Career Development, Employment, and Disability in Rehabilitation
From Theory to Practice
David R. Strauser, Ph.D.
Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Uses an integrated rehabilitation perspective to address career, vocational behavior, employment, and disability related theory and research
This highly regarded resource is the only book in rehabilitation counseling to provide comprehensive coverage of vocational behavior and employment theory and intervention techniques as they apply to individuals with disabilities. Scholarly yet practical, the second edition is updated with key information and research, delivering new employment statistics, employment rates, and poverty levels of people with disabilities. Woven throughout this new edition, is the Illinois Work and Well-Being Model, incorporating foundational theories and providing a framework for understanding the critical factors that impact the career development process.
Chapters—written by leaders in the field—are consistently organized for ease of use. Each chapter includes of an Overview of Major Constructs followed by Theoretical Foundations; Occupational Assessment, Information and Evaluation; Intervention Strategies; and Population and Settings. Case examples and discussion questions highlight and reinforce application of theories and techniques. New Sample Syllabi, Classroom Activities, PowerPoints, and a Test Bank are included for instructors. An eBook is included with the purchase of the print edition.
- New to the Second Edition:
- Provides new employment statistics, employment rates, and poverty levels of people with disabilities
- Reviews details of the Work Force Innovation Act
- Integrates the Illinois Work and Well-Being Model throughout as a framework for understanding critical factors impacting the career development process
- Links with CACREP standards
- Discusses relevant new legislation
- New Key Concept Boxes, Chapter Summaries, and Chapter Glossary increase accessibility of the new edition
- Includes sample syllabi, classroom activities, PowerPoint slides, and test bank
- Key Features:
- Addresses contemporary career, vocational behavior, employment, and disability related theory and research from an integrated rehabilitation perspective
- Written by well-respected practitioners and educators
- Organized to facilitate instructor flexibility in assigning chapters without losing course continuity