McLean EMG Guide, Second Edition
Revised, updated, and expanded second edition of the premier learning guide for residents, McLean EMG Guide emphasizes skills and concepts required for success in mastering basic electrodiagnostic techniques. This step-by-step approach to performing and interpreting EMG and nerve conduction studies will prepare trainees, fellows, and attendings to meet the challenges encountered in daily practice with confidence.
The book is broken into short formatted chapters covering instrumentation, basic nerve conduction and needle EMG techniques, interpretation, applications for common clinical problems, and a new chapter on ultrasound. The procedures are laid out as illustrated tables with specifics for lead placement, stimulation, sample waveforms, and photographs to guide electrodiagnostic set-ups. Clinical presentation, anatomy, recommended studies, normal values, pearls and tips, and key findings are presented throughout in bulleted text for a thorough, more focused guidebook. Multiple choice questions and answers with rationales reinforce learning for those wishing to review concepts through self-guided assessment.
- Updates to all chapters with new figures and diagrams and more multiple-choice questions with answers
- Brand new chapter on the use of ultrasound with electrodiagnosis
- Checklists with key steps and takeaways for each study
- Clear, easy-to-understand tables and photos illustrate each set-up and study
- Codifies what you need to know to make a diagnosis in the EMG laboratory
- Print purchase includes on-line access to the full contents for mobile or desktop use