The Kitchen Herb Garden
Growing and Preparing Essential Herbs
From Rosalind Creasy—a name synonymous with California's garden-to-table movement—comes an accessible guide to cultivating and preparing herbs.
If you buy only one herb gardening book, this should be it. Creasy takes you from seeds to stove top, from preparing the soil to elegant dining suggestions, with easy-to-follow instructions and inspirational ideas every step of the way.
Each section of this book presents vivid photos and practical information, including:
- How to design and grow an herb garden in just about any space—from a spacious plot to a tiny balcony—and in just about any climate
- A tour through many beautiful private herb gardens, including some of Creasy's own, as well as the garden of herb luminary Carole Saville and others
- A fully illustrated encyclopedia of edible herbs—from old favorites like basil, rosemary and sage to more exotic herbs such as lemon verbena and Mexican tarragon
- A savory selection of healthy herb recipes for side dishes, such as blends, butters and vinegars, main dishes from around the world and even cocktails and desserts
- Maintenance and organic pest control methods
- A list of resources for seeds and supplies
- A guide to growing, cultivating and preparing hops
This herb guide is full of practical tips and tricks presented in a beautiful format—perfect for the gardener, aspiring gardener or home chef.